Monday, January 07, 2008

Image is Everything

Or so they say. I only saw part of the Republican debate and though substantive on issues I'd like to give my personal impression on how each candidate appeared to me.

Senator John McCain, with his puffy jaw, always looked and sounded to me like he just came from a visit to the dentist. No one likes to visit the dentist. I often wondered whether it was related to his distinguished military service.

Senator Fred Thompson looked like the old man on the mountain. He just had to posture himself to speak and his opponents appeared humbled in expectation of his forthcoming wisdom.

Congressman Ron Paul impressed me as every ones favorite grandfather. Kind, caring and knowing what he believes. There were moments when he made me wonder if it wasn't time to hide his car keys.

Former Governor Mitt Romney had presence. He was just plain Presidential in manner and tone.

Former Governor Mike Huckabee; I feel his sincerity in seeing us all as God's children. And that is what he looked like. A child with his hand caught in the cookie jar.

Former Mayor of New York Rudy Giuliani for me is someone straight out of the movies. You know those old war movies. The ones with the guy who can do it all, who can get anything you can imagine and even some things you can't.

No comments: