Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Obamacare Again

I have no intention of signing up for what is commonly known as Obamacare. It would literally be signing away my life, my freedom and ultimately my ability to receive healthcare; I’m talking death panels. Further I could lose my very identity considering the Internet security issues. It is a human beings duty to refuse to submit to unjust laws as the founding fathers of our great nation made clear in word and deed.

Some eight years ago when I lost my full time job, healthcare for my wife and I would have cost us approximately $1,400/mth. (we both have pre-existing conditions of some kind) In other words, we are the Obamacare target demographic. We could not afford it then and cannot now. Since then prices have gone up drastically. But since we are in an older group of healthcare consumers let us assume that we would be some of the few who would see reductions in healthcare costs, at least in premiums. I have not gone on the site but I have heard many testimonies of the costs from others.

So if we stick with the old figure of $1,400/mth (which if I am wrong it is on the low side) and include a doctor’s visit once a year for my wife and I, part of the deductible, I need approximately $18,000/yr for healthcare. That is more than 50% of our income. As we stand, with expendable income and the money saved if we pay off our house (many many years away) freeing up $2,000 a year in interest, we would have at most $700/mth, or $8,400/yr for healthcare; about 25% of our income. So we would have to be subsidized nearly $10,000/yr (not going to happen) and would have no money for going to movies, out to dinner, bowling or even activities like cycling. We would also have to go back to one car and have no money for home repairs. In other words, Obamacare means less economic stimulus and more lost jobs. Whatever one’s income simply drawing thousands upon thousands of dollars out of each family budget itself will bring financial disaster. My numbers are low if anything. It makes one question what a living wage would be in the Obamacare universe.

Now if I truly get seriously ill and my deductible is $5,000 (again low side) it will cost me $22,000/yr.; nearly two-thirds of our income, year after year until I die, before I get a penny in insurance. That is two-thirds of our income if I am able to continue to work. Best just give me a pain pill.

If I am going to be denied treatment for an illness and must accept death, as an American and free man, I will do it on my terms. I will not turn myself over to the government, in the name of healthcare, and allow them to control every aspect of my life by controlling all my hard earned money, and your as taxpayers who would have to subsidize my healthcare, housing, and food stamps. Currently we take no form of assistance and take the risk of not having healthcare in the hopes to achieve the American dream and break through to prosperity.

I will not conform to this law and not simply because it is economically impossible for me and my wife to afford. Any politician who supports this law is a traitor to this nation and the people, especially those who know better. It is unworkable and financial slavery. It is not difficult to see, for even the lowest information voter. In 2014 no quarter can be given in regards to Obamacare. We must all fight with everything we have to repeal this law.

No comments: