Sunday, December 15, 2013

Segregation According to Islam, Free Book Offer

I recently caught wind of a news story from Great Britain. Muslim professors and guest lecturers in Universities across Britain are asking that the students be segregated by sex. Academia has expressed its’ sympathy to the request while government officials have begun to express outrage at the thought.

I was educated in religious and Jesuit institutions. I find value in segregating classes and even schools by sex. I believe it enables students to learn better. I would add uniforms to that dynamic also.

But I take the side of the politicians in this case. To conform to this request is to acquiesce to what Islam sees as the position of women, which in many cases is property if not worse. Women in many parts of the Islamic world are no more than slaves and have little to no freedom.

In regards to education, in many places they receive none and if they do they risk being maimed or killed. I cannot support the Islamic view on woman. Though some may point to the word to contradict me, actions speak louder.

Also my first book published in 2010 is available as an e-book via Kindle for free until midnight Monday December 16th. Down load it now to read later if you don’t have the time now. Click here for link.

No comments: